So, I’m headed to NYC for my semi-annual east coast trip… It’ll be awesome to see my NY friends again, and I’m also going to my 10 year college reunion next weekend up in Ithaca. Wow. 10 years. I’m OLD. But yah.. we’re gonna stay in the dorms and stuff and frolic around campus and stuff. Maybe Jablow will keep his shirt on this time.
But yah, I’m going to be taking a few days off of work to run around NYC doing NYC things, so here’s a partial list that I’ve come up with… If anyone has any other suggestions, please let me know. I like fun. For some odd reason, my last two trips to NYC included going out to Brighton Beach (including once to pick up a nightstand with Korby), which is pretty far out there, so maybe I won’t do that again. Then again, if anyone needs help moving furniture from some remote stop on the MTA, you know I’m always up for it.
- Buy some new sneakers. I’ve been looking for a good pair forever, and NYC better have some.
- Go to B&H on a day that they’re actually open.
- Rock out on records at Turntable Lab.
- Stock up on Superhero Supplies.
- Ooo. Yum. Fried Twinkies. Park Slope Chip Shop.
- Play poker with Joe.
- Damn.. so many good shows are playing while I’m in town.. Feist, Lily Allen, Interpol, Bloc Party, Madeleine Peyroux. And, The Fucking Champs are playing the night that I get in.. but.. Hmmm.
- Freemans looks cool.
- Museum Mile Festival — Woohoo! Nine Museums FREE on June 12th from 6-9pm
- go to the MoMa. Check out the orb. And the 50 Years of Helvetica exhibit…
- Go to a Yankees game. Yankees vs. Diamondbacks, 1:05pm June 14th
- I like art. The Affordable Art Fair – June 14th
- Dance Indie at Mondo: an Indie Rock Dance Party Woo! – June 15th
Oh yah.. I’ll also be telecommuting a few days from NYC — anyone have good suggestions for good cafes where I can work? I’ll be in the Columbus Circle area…